[Moon] [Moon-Net] Q65 30A ON 144Mhz

Serge Szpilfogel ve1kg at eastlink.ca
Thu Feb 18 22:38:47 CET 2021

True Ed & Paul random qso's are important but Q65 will be like JT65B for operating. The fact is even with JT65B there is few random QSO. People use the reflector to announce their Freq. Most of the time I call CQ hoping to work new initials & if you look at CQ live you can see where people are. Even in the CW EME years back we use to make skeds on 20 meters on 14.345 every weekend which would be passed on to the rest of the folks concerned. For very small stations folks need to know where to call & who to call to at least have people looking for them. I am a medium size station but I enjoy trying to work smaller stations when I can & that is not always easy for me being only horizontal. So random QSO's are very rare in our time at least on 144Mhz!!!
Ed sorry to hear about your 2M situation hope you get back this spring. I have had some issues here it is always software issues & I fortunately have friends helping me. One thing I did this fall is replaced my 2relays CX 600 with one relay with good isolation & so far so good
All the Best Paul & Ed
Serge VE1KG