[Moon] "Cheap" SDR question

Bob DeVarney W1ICW w1icw at myfairpoint.net
Sun Jan 24 00:38:49 CET 2021

Realistically speaking, as long as you have the preamp at the antenna,
the receive side of things is much less demanding, coax-wise. Depending
on the band and length necessary, you could probably get away with RG-6.

Also, I know that several people are remoting their SDR receivers via
USB-CAT5 converters to copy GOES weather satellite imagery. You might
check out the various groups related to weather satellite imagery, both
on Facebook and the Internet at large.

VY 73 de W1ICW