[Moon] PA3DZL activity report 13cm DUBUS/REF CW EME Contest

Jac de Bruijn pa3dzl at icloud.com
Mon Jan 25 21:06:01 CET 2021

Hello EME friends,

Last weekend i was QRV during the contest.
Activity was not as good as last year.

A number of countries do not have an allocation for 13cm anymore, perhaps that may be one of the reasons?
Despite that it was nice to be active in CW again and had great fun.

Stongest signal on the band was from: HB9Q.
Many stations had big signals also, very easy copy!!

Made 22 QSOs and 3 initials during the contest:
UA3PTW, OK1CA, OK1KIR, OH2DG, OH1LRY, OK1KKD, G4CCH, DF3RU, HB9Q, SP7DCS, DB6NT,
ES5PC, SP3XBO, DG5CST #134, DL4DTU #135, WA9FWD X-band, W5LUA X-band, PAØPLY,
JJ1NNJ #136 X-band, KL6M during my moonrise also X-band, OK2ULQ and IZ2DJP

Saturday I heard JA6AHB but unfortunately Thosio his LNA went QRT on Sunday.

Outside the contest I wkd 4X1AJ in JT65C for a new DXCC #52 and Initial, signals were marginal but we made it.

A nice surprise was the beacon of Boris, VE3IKU on 2304.020Mhz, great signals peaking 569 with me.
Big congrats to Boris for building a very nice high power EME station.

My 13cm feed is still in the dish so anybody who wants to try with me please email me direct.

TX: 2320Mhz only
RX: 2301, 2304, 2320 and 2400Mhz
Rig: 3.7m Solid Andrew dish, VE4MA feed, 0.5dB NF and >300W @ feed

73s de Jac, PA3DZL