[Moon] SSB Funtest is this weekend

Peter Blair g3ltf at btinternet.com
Fri Jan 29 17:59:40 CET 2021

I cant be QRV this weekend but you should be!
This weekend is the annual EME NL SSB Funtest. Rules are at http://www.nitehawk.com/rasmit/NLD/eme2012.pdf
CW-SSB contacts are encouraged. If you’ve never listened for eme SSB before then give it a try, you will be surprised at what you can work. The 30th January is 23cm and 31st 13cm.
Two tips for the Funtest, You really should point the antenna to less than the 1dB beamwidth, so be prepared to tweak if you have that capability. Get into the receiver options and set the ssb bandwidth to 200 to 1800 Hz, or experiment a bit up and down. Thats 1.4dB better than the usual default of most receivers.

GL, 73 Peter G3LTF

 (Personal update, making good progress walking (and on small step ladders!) but cant say when I will be able to get back on eme)