[Moon] 432MHz LNAs current state of the art.

qq363gud at voice.ocn.ne.jp qq363gud at voice.ocn.ne.jp
Tue Sep 28 21:46:45 CEST 2021

Hello Conrad,

It is very interesting to read your post on 432 VLNA's, and I agree to your comment on this band.
It should be a fascinating EME frequency, even if there would be some QRM from illegal mobile operation
by track drivers in JA, and some clock noise from modern electric equipment in urban areas world-wide.

Recently I talked with my friend Hide JR1EUX, who is an semiconductor engineer, about HA8ET VLNA-432 using SAV541+.

He is wondering what is the real purpose of the input resonator, because it's selectivity should not be so
sharp as he simulated, and the sharp selectivity of HA8ET VLNA-432 depends on the output BPF.
(A fine article on HA8ET VLNA-144 is published in DUBUS 2019/4, and in TECHINIK XVIII.)

So my friend designed a wide and strait strip line for the SAV541+ input circuit, which realize
(at least in his simulation) a good selectivity as well as low loss.
We had the same technic in the metal cavity LNA era.

I hope we would be able to show you the next VLNA for this band soon.

Unfortunately Gyula Nagy HA8ET passed away this year, and we cannot ask him directly.
His son deals with remaining VLNA's of each band, but most of them are already out of stock, and he
is not professional to answer the question in this field.

Mike JH1KRC